When you buy Yasmin, the birth control pill consists of 21 active pills and 7 placebo pills. The main components of Yasmin are synthetic progestin and ethinyl estradiol. The synthetic hormones in Yasmin pill prevent the releasing of an egg. It further makes the cervix thick to refrain the sperm from reaching the egg. The Yasmin birth control pill also works on the uterine lining by stopping its growth. With the egg is prevented from getting fertilized in the uterus.
The intake of Yasmin pill is oral with water. Every day, one must take the Yasmin pill around the same time. One should not miss the dosage of the pill in order to prevent pregnancy successfully. The user can begin taking the new kit on the 29th day.
- Breast tenderness
- Breakthrough bleeding
- Abdominal pain
- Mood swings
Note: Every woman may not experience the aforementioned side effects. All the side effects may not occur with every user.
- Less painful menstrual periods
- Skin rash/itching
- Heavy bleeding during menstruation
- The woman must ensure that the contents of the medicines do not interact with any complications with the user.
- You must consult the physician to ensure that you are not allergic to any of the components present in the Yasmin birth control pill.
- The user must not take these pills if she happens to have a medical or family history of endometrial carcinoma, breast carcinoma or liver disorder.
- Do not skip the dosage of the pills, not even for a single day.